Last updated August 26, 2022
What Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Provide: We collect information that you voluntarily provide when you use the Services, such as when you register for a Verisave program or service, participate in a survey, provide a testimonial, participate in an interactive feature or forum (such as chat features), or contact us with a question, comment, or request. The type of information that you provide is based on the specific function of the Services that you use or the Verisave offering or service for which you register, and might include, for instance, your name, address, age, birth date, gender, email address, phone number, photo, social media account ID, zip code, education, professional experience, demographic information, product usage and preferences.
- Information We Receive from Third Parties: We may combine the information we collect from you with information that we receive about you from other sources, such as public databases, providers of demographic information, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, people with whom you are connected on social media platforms, and other third parties.
What Information Do We Collect Automatically From Your Device and How Do We use It?
We and our third party service providers may collect information automatically from your device in a variety of ways including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Using cookies: Cookies are small text files that are stored directly on your device when you visit a website.
How Do We Use Your Information?
In addition to using your information to deliver the offerings, services, products, or information you request, and for the purposes described above, we may also use it:
- to provide customer support;
- to fulfill purchases or other transactions made by you;
- to deliver marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- to send administrative information to you, such as information about the Services and our terms, conditions and policies;
- to permit you to participate in polls, surveys, promotions, or other interactive features, such as chat features, and to administer these activities;
- to personalize your experience and better tailor content and offers to you;
- to facilitate social sharing functionality;
- to allow you to send messages to another person through the Services;
- to help us and our business partners better understand our audiences, evaluate user interest in the Services, improve the Services, and perform other market research activities;
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis; audits; monitoring and prevention of fraud, infringement, and other potential misuse of the Services; modifying the Services; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and operating and expanding our business activities; and
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
In addition to those purposes listed above, we may use your information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time of collection or that you have previously authorized. We may combine, aggregate, or anonymize any of the information we collect from you with other information we may collect from or abut you from any other online or offline source. We may use information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
When and to Whom Do We Disclose Your Information?
The information we collect from and about you may be disclosed:
- to third parties that provide services to us, such as those that fulfill requests for information, answer calls, administer projects, assist in research and development, or deliver advertisements or other communications;
- to business partners who offer products or services jointly with Verisave;
- to permit a third party business partner to deliver marketing communications or products that may be of interest to you, subject to any choices you have expressed;
- to identify you to any person to whom you send messages through the Services;
- to any person you direct us to contact, such as your designated merchant processor(s) or Gateway(s);
- by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you post information and materials. Because any information you post may become public, we urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information on or through the Services;
- as required by law, such as to law enforcement, during government inspections or audits, as ordered or directed by courts or other governmental agencies, or in order to comply with a subpoena or other legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect legal rights or the security or integrity of our operations or the Services; protect your safety or the safety of others; investigate fraud, a breach of contract, or a violation of law; respond to a government request; or allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and
- to third parties, advisors, and other entities to the extent reasonably necessary for development of or to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a corporate or commercial transaction, including a reorganization, merger, acquisition, joint venture, sale or other disposition of all or a portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may disclose information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across websites or other online services.
We seek to use appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect the information collected through the Services. Unfortunately, no organization can guarantee the absolute security of electronic information, especially information transmitted over the Internet.
The Services are not directed to children under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect information from such children.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
Links to Third Party Websites
The Services may contain links to third party services that are not under our control. We are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such services, and we encourage you to review their privacy policies. In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including in connection with any information you disclose to such other organizations through or in connection with the Services.
How to Contact Us